Salad dressing and allergies can be a huge challenge. I rarely buy any premade dressings for myself since I cannot have so many of the ingredients found in them.
To solve my own problem I started making up my own versions of my favorite dressings! Of course these are allergy friendly and as always, fit with the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan!
One of my favorite dressings has always been thousand island, I like the sweet creamy dressing on everything from regular salads to taco salads and even poured over my bunless burgers!
To make this work on plan and fit within my allergy needs I am using this vegan mayo option:
Follow your heart offers some great products that help people with food sensitivities make the plan work! Of course you can use any on plan mayo in this recipe if eggs are not an issue for you!
I used a mini whisk like these to combine this well! Then poured it in to my little mason jar for storage.
With joy ~ Tina
Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Veganaise
- 2 Tablespoons THM Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced cucumber with skin removed
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Super Sweet Blend
- 1/8 cup on plan milk of choice
- Chop vegetables. I used cucumber in here to represent the missing ingredient of sweet pickle relish. I wanted the same look and texture as the real thing!
- Combine mayo, ketchup, ACV, sweet blend, milk and vegetables. Whisk well until combined.
- Store in closing container until ready for use.
***Thank you for shopping through my affiliate links above. Your purchases bless my family and help keep my little blog running!***