Instant pancake “syrup” recipe!! Usually when I go to make pancakes, I don’t also want to take the time to make the syrup too. Not that it’s hard, it’s just another step, another pot etc. I like quick and easy. I have a DTS heart I think. So I have been making this super easy, instant little sub for a while and thought maybe someone else would like it too!
To make this dairy free, just sub out coconut oil, if you want it to not taste like coconut be sure to find a refined coconut oil, I keep both on hand.
So, as you can see, this takes 3 super easy to find ingredients: BUTTER!!! YAY BUTTER! Maple extract, whatever kind you prefer and liquid stevia, although I am sure powdered Stevia would work too. You can see the full recipe below!
While this topping does not have the syrupy consistency, it is delicious and easy. It gives the flavor I was craving, quickly and easily!
Instant Pancake "Syrup"
- 1 Tablespoon butter you can use less, but seriously, why?
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract or flavoring
- Stevia to taste - I used 10 drops I like it sweet
- Place your butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Gently melt in the microwave until completely liquid.
- Add your maple extract and stevia.
- Mix well to combine.
- That's it! Pour over your pancake/waffles and enjoy!