Chicken happens to be my daughters least favorite dinner meat option. I am always on the hunt for ways to make it more enjoyable and maybe she will even love it one of these days! Chicken breasts are just so versatile on THM, they can be used in any fuel source, they are an excellent source of protein, and when on sale they are a reasonable way to add that much needed protein in to your meals!
I had plans to make soup for dinner tonight, since our summer weather seems to be on a bit of a hiatus. After a gray, dreary morning, guess what? The sun came out! The day warmed up! It was in the upper 70’s by the end of the day and I was no longer craving soup! Salad it is!
It so happens I also have a challenge running in my Accountability Group on facebook. I have challenged all my ladies to make sure a minimum of three meals/snacks have vegetables in them! We are working to increase that veggie intake, they are so good for us PLUS they help your body shed unwanted pounds!
I decided I didn’t need to create a lime dressing, so I surfed around a little and found this gem! It was absolutely fabulous!! Pop on over to A Spicy Perspective and check out this incredibly easy recipe! To make it on plan I subbed in 1 teaspoon of Super Sweet Blend and I used on plan milk in place of the cream.
With Joy ~ Tina
Blackened Chicken Salad
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- oil for cooking
- salad greens for 4 - I used about 10 cups
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper sliced
- Lime Dressing
- Combine the first seven ingredients.
- Coat each chicken breast with the rub.
- Heat up a skillet with enough oil to lightly coat. Or use a coconut oil spray to keep these FP.
- Place chicken breasts in warm skillet, allow to darken on one side, flip and finish cooking through.
- While chicken cooks, layer your serving dish with your favorite mix of salad greens. Top with red bell peppers and any other salad toppings you prefer. I added my avocado on the sides because not everyone in my house can have them. I put the jalapeno in a bowl for the brave!
- Remove breasts from pan and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing to lay on the bed of greens.
- Either dress the entire salad at this point or dress them individually.