Grilling in the summertime! Chicken Kabobs! Pineapple! Orange! Sweet and savory! Some of my favorite things when summer rolls around!
Let’s just put it out there, chicken can get boring.
My daughter doesn’t like chicken anymore, because I cook it so often and have not made it fun and exciting. I went on a mission to create something she would hopefully love and guess what, SHE DOES!! She loves this recipe! I did it! High fives all around mamas!! 🙂
Turns out this recipes had the additional benefit of being a great family activity! I made up the marinade in the morning, chopped the chicken up and let it marinate all day long while we went out and played.
Came home, and my whole family enjoyed some time together creating the kabobs.
The name “Chicken TropKabobs” was my daughters idea, I loved it and it was fitting that she name it since I finally made a chicken recipe she was really excited about!
Before you begin making your TropKabobs, be sure to allow some time for your skewers (only if they are made of bamboo) in water for several minutes so they don’t burn up on your BBQ.
These are really quite simple, though they do take a few steps to get them made up. This is truly the perfect dinner to get the whole family involved in!
I placed my chopped chicken breast in the bowl, added the marinade and stirred it up together. Covered it in plastic wrap and allowed it to sit all day while I played.
I used a 9×13 baking dish to stack our kabobs as we went. It caught all the drips and made it easy to transport outside for my husband to take over the grilling!
My husband handled the grilling, he did a great job! There weren’t leftovers of this dish by the time our son made it home that evening. It was a little sad….I was looking forward to this dish for lunch the next day!
Plated and delicious! I served this over a bed of brown rice and broccoli on the side.
With Joy ~ Tina
Thank you for using my affiliate links in this post! Your purchase helps keep my blog up and running and bringing you more great recipes!
- 2-4 chicken breasts chopped in to cubes
- 1 large red onion chopped in to large chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped into large chunks
- 1 can pineapple no sugar, in its own juice, drained
For the marinade
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 doonk stevia
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon orange extract add more for more orange flavor!
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade, add chopped chicken breast to a bowl, pour marinade over and mix together.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours to overnight.
- Dry off your bamboo skewers and begin to add chicken, pepper, onion, pineapple, repeat!
- Fill each skewer leaving room at each end to be able to hold the skewer without touching the food, place on preheated BBQ and cook until chicken is cooked through.
These look so delicious! Loving the marinade as well, bet these are just phenomenal! I’m so glad it’s finally warm enough in the UK to grill! I’ll have to make these!