This week I was gifted a spaghetti squash….I haven’t bought on in quite some time. To be honest, I was burned out on them, I always seemed to use them for the same thing. Spaghetti with meat sauce. Which is delicious, but I wanted something new and different!
Pre-THM my family loved a mexi mac type dish, kind of a goulash but with the traditional flavorings of Mexican food. I decided to try to re-create that yummy recipe using my gifted squash!
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash - cooked
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons diced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your spaghetti squash. Oven, microwave, instant pot or start it in the morning in your crockpot!
- Brown ground beef with onion, when it is almost finished, add in your chopped garlic.
- Add in tomato sauce, all seasonings, liquid smoke, add your peas last. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Scrape your spaghetti squash and break up it up as you go. Add to your finished meat mixture, stir and it is ready to serve!
- I served mine with as side of broccoli and cauliflower. Enjoy!
We LOVED it!! Flavorful, a little spicy and just yummy!
I hope you enjoy Smoky-Mexi Skillet as much as we did! Thank you for stopping by!
With joy – Tina 🙂
PS Please disregard the nutritional information on my recipes, that feature doesn’t work right and I have been to busy to change to something else! 😛