HELLOOOOOOOO my friends!
Wow, it has been a while hasn’t it?
I have had a lot happen since I last posted here…and I cannot believe I am about to write this…but it’s been nearly two years.
Woah. That is a big thought for me to process…whew. I need to let that sink in. I cannot believe it has been that long.
I do plan on sharing some of my journey and what took me away from blogging and putting coaching on hold for a season soon. I have had it in the works for a while….but I will tell you now, it really has been a season for me. I KNOW I am not along in that. I hope to share a message that shares my journey and I hope will also bring encouragement to you as well. Big hugs friends, we have all been through some trials. God is good.
Ok, on to the recipes! That is really what we are here for! This amazing, super delicious, quick and easy waffle recipe!!
My fellow THM Allergy admin, who is also my personal friend, shared this recipe a while back in the allergy forum and it has been very popular since then! I asked her and she graciously said I could post it on here! YAY! Super big thank you and big hugs my friend! I wanted to create an easy place to continue to find this yummy recipe!
Below is an affiliate link for the exact waffle iron I use. If you have a bigger family or want to make bigger batches, they offer multiple packs and irons that make multiple mini’s.
Please, let us know if you have tried or do try these out! They are delicious and great time investment for on plan success!
- 2 cups Oat Flour Use gluten free if sensitive
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin be sure it is just pumpkin, not filling
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla optional
- Combine all ingredients and cook in mini waffle iron until the steam stops.
- Notes from Sylvia:They do take a long time to cook, and if you are not eating them immediately, they turn soft. That's great for sandwiches, but if you want them crisp, simply lightly toast them right before eating. Freeze for long term storage or refrigerate if you'll use them in a few days. They'll mold very quickly at room temperature because there's no preservatives. For the pumpkin haters, you really don't taste the pumpkin, I promise! But they do work with applesauce in place of the pumpkin. They're just not quite as sturdy and pretty.
- Notes from Tina:When I cook these in my mini waffle iron, I spray before each scoop of batter and I set a timer for 5 minutes. That way I can not be watching it the whole time and do other things between waffles.