Hello ladies! I know it has been quite some time since my last post. I am so happy to be back and I am hoping I will be posting more frequently again.
Today I am so excited to share with you all my review of All Day I Dream About Food’s new cookbook, The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen!
I was so thankful to receive a copy of her new cookbook and more thrilled to see how many recipes I was able to enjoy! I have so far made 4 different recipes from the cookbook! All of them delicious! Today I decided to feature the No-Bake Haystack cookies….since they were the ones I was able to capture a photo of before they were gone!
Carolyn did an incredible job on this cookbook. Stunning photographs, clearly written recipes and a wealth of information about keto lifestyle, health benefits, stocking a pantry and so much more!
I am of course a THM/Allergy blogger, so I was really hoping this book would fit our needs. So much of what Carolyn creates is already THM compliant in the S category. I was not disappointed!
Many of her recipes work as written, no adjustments needed! Many of her recipes that contain dairy have a fabulous little caption “Everyday Swap” where she offers a variety of swap ideas, many including a dairy free option! So helpful!
Of course my favorite section is Desserts & Sweet Treats, I opened it up, hoping there would be recipes I could enjoy with minimal changes to make them more allergy friendly. To my delight there were several I could enjoy with my sensitivities! I have already made and enjoyed the Salted Chocolate Macadamia Nut Fat Bombs, delicious…they powered out my sweet cravings with ease! I also made the butter pecan cookies…no, they didn’t even have eggs! I made them only subbing the almond flour with cashew flour and let me tell you, these were SO DELICIOUS! I had to pace myself with those cookies, I could have munched through them all in a day!
The recipe I am sharing with you today is the No-Bake Haystack Cookies! Carolyn’s take on this delicious, simple cookie was crunchy and unique. I loved the addition of pecans, adding a wonderful texture traditional no bakes don’t typically have. Again, this was another recipe I was able to make pretty much as written, I only needed to sub in THM Super Sweet Blend for the Swerve, since it is what I had on hand.
OH! I nearly forgot to share with you all…I got to meet Carolyn in person! She was in my city for a book signing and went to hear her speak and have the awesome opportunity to meet this incredible woman! She is truly so sweet and passionate about her work. It was a joy!!
Thankfully, I have been given permission to share this fun recipe with my readers! Enjoy!!
With Joy ~ Tina
No-Bake Haystack Cookies
- 1/2 Cup creamy almond butter or other nut butter of choice I used cashew nut
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2/3 Cup Swerve confectioners style sweetener I used 2T super sweet blend
- 1/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 Cup chopped pecans or other nut
- 1. Line a large baking shee with parchment paper or waxed paper
- 2. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the almond butter, chocolate, and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 3. Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the coconut flakes and chopped pecans and stir until well combined.
- 4. Drop the mixture by large rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Keep refirgerated until ready to serve, they will keep for up to a week.