Banana split….oatmeal?? WHAT? One day, many years ago I wanted dessert. Something decadent and wonderful, but would take less than 10 minutes and didn’t require a microwave. I had just a few things on hand and this is what I came up with! Banana split oatmeal was born!
Some days start out with mornings where you need a little comfort food right? I don’t want eggs, I don’t want a boring bowl of oatmeal….AGAIN. I want something that feels like I am not on a diet, but still fits within my eating goals! Or those evenings I need something warm, sweet and filling, this works perfectly! It satisfies my cravings every time!
Breakfast or dessert, banana split oatmeal comes to the rescue. This super simple recipe was so easy I almost felt silly for sharing, but thanks to a dear encouraging friend, here it is! This is a sugar free wonder! For Trim Healthy Mamas, this would be an E, the chocolate chips would count as your added fat, so be sure to portion those out. For my allergy mamas, this could be made with stevia only, a doonk or two would be enough. The fruit will help sweeten. I think if you don’t have a big sweet tooth, you could even omit and still really enjoy this treat!
Water and banana!
That’s it! I have most of this on hand at home all the time!
With joy~ Tina 🙂
PS – please disregard the nutritional info on my recipe cards… I cannot seem to disable that and it does not accurately reflect my recipes. This is a true THM E meal! Thank you!
Banana Split Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon super sweet blend or 1 doonk stevia or omit
- 1/2 scoop collagen
- 1 Tablespoon sugar free strawberry preserves or slim belly jelly
- 1/2 banana sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips
- Combing oats and water in saucepan over medium heat. Add salt, vanilla and sweetener. Cook over medium, stirring occasionally until cooked, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in collagen if using. Place oats in a bowl. Now top with your preserves, swirling into the top, slice banana over and sprinkle with chocolate chips, ready to serve!